The active ingredient of turmeric (turmeric) is curcumin. Turmeric has been used for 2,500 years in India, where it is likely to be used first as a dye.
The medicinal properties of this spice have slowly revealed themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has made it clear that turmeric is a natural wonder that proves beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s.
HERE ARE 20 BENEFITS OF TURMERIC TO YOUR HEALTH
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful for disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. Combined with cauliflower, has shown to prevent prostate cancer and to stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. It prevents the spread of breast cancer to the lungs in mice.
4. Melanoma can occur (a agressieven form of skin cancer) and it ensures that the existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural detoxifier for the liver.
7. Alzheimer’s disease and can prevent the development of Alzheimer stagnate by “amyloid plaques” to remove build-up in the brains.
8. May occur in many different types of cancer metastases.
9. Is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many other anti-inflammatory drugs, but without side effects.
10. Has proved promising in the delay of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and a COX2 inhibitor.
12. Can help with fat metabolism and helps with weight control.
13. It has long been used in Chinese medical world as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory effect, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatic arthritis.
15. Increases the effect of the chemotherapy drug paclitaxel and reduces side effects.
16. There are promising investigations underway into the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Ongoing research into the positive effects of turmeric on Kahler’s disease (multiple myeloma).
18. It has been shown that it stops the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Accelerates wound healing and helps in repairing damaged skin.
20. Can help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory-related disorders.
Turmeric may be administered in powder form or as a pill. It is available as a pill in most drugstores, mainly in 250-500mg capsules.
The moment you turmeric on a regular basis are going to use, it’s fun to find new ways to use in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a small pinch in the egg salad. It adds a delicious flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow color.
Warnings: Turmeric can be used better by people with gallstones or cholestasis. Despite turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to use to consult a doctor, since turmeric may have a stimulating effect on the uterus.
For good quality turmeric, contact Shimla Hills Offerings Pvt. Ltd., a leading turmeric finger supplier in India that offers top quality turmeric powder and fingers.